Published on Wednesday March 10, 2010
The Department of Materials Science and Engineering is pleased to announce a new class of Alpha Sigma Mu members. Members were inducted at a ceremony over lunch in the University Club on Tuesday, March 9, 2010.
Established in 1932, Alpha Sigma Mu is the international and professional academic honors society for the field of materials science and engineering. Students are selected on the basis of academic merit and leadership.
The new class of Alpha Sigma Mu members are:
- B.S./M.S. student Edward Anderson (advisor: Mitra Taheri)
- Christopher Barr (advisor: Antonios Zavaliangos)
- B.S./M.S. student Michael Coster (advisor: Jonathan Spanier)
- B.S./M.S. Andrew DeVillier (advisor: Surya Kalidindi)
- William Frazier (advisor: Richard Knight)
- Ph.D. student Matthew Hood (advisor: Christopher Li)
- Ph.D. student Gerard Klinzing (advisor: Antonios Zavaliangos)
- B.S./Ph.D. student Prineha Narang (advisor: Yury Gogotsi)
- Ph.D. student Steve Niezgoda (advisor: Surya Kalidindi)
- B.S./M.S. student Carly Snyder (advisor: Antonios Zavaliangos)