Published on Friday May 13, 2011
MSE students won five out of seven poster awards at the 2011 Drexel Engineering Graduate Research Symposium
(DEGRS) on May 10, 2011 organized by the Engineering
Graduate Association (EGA). The annual event is a forum
in which graduate students present their research to the larger
Winners from MSE are (all Ph.D. students):
Stephanie H. Johnson (advisor: Jonathan Spanier)
- Overall Best Poster - "Magneto-elastic Tuning of
Ferroelectricity within a Megnetoelectric Nanowire"
Sean Garner (advisor: Antonios Zavaliangos)
- Computation and Modeling - "The Study of Microcrack
Formation During the Powder Compaction Process"
Ioannis Neitzel (advisor: Yury Gogotsi)
- Advanced Materials - "Nanodiamond Polymer Composites"
Carlos R. Perez (advisor: Yury Gogotsi)
- Energy and Sustainability - "High Power Carbon Nanotube
Supercapacitors with Ionic liquid Electrolyte Operating at Room
Arianna Watters (advisor: Giuseppe Palmese)
- Nanotechnology - "Nanostructured Polymeric Systems for Space